Miller & Carter is a trading name of Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales).
Registered number: 1001181, VAT Number: GB 818 3078 23, Registered address: 27 Fleet Street, Birmingham, B3 1JP www.mbplc.com
If you have a complaint, enquiry or compliment for an Miller & Carter you've visited, please click here.
This page contains important information explaining your relationship with the owner of this Internet site and your rights to access and use information on it. Please read this notice carefully. If you do not agree to accept all terms of the notice, please do not use this site. By using this website you show you accept such terms.
Access to this Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on this Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of this Site to users who have registered with us.
You must not misuse this Site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server(s) on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
If the advertising, offering for sale, or selling of the goods and/or services referred to on this Site is illegal for any reason in the jurisdiction in which it is accessed or viewed, whether by virtue of the age of the person seeking to view it or otherwise, access to and/or viewing of such material is not authorised by Mitchells & Butlers plc ("Mitchells & Butlers" and "the Company").
WARNING: Any unauthorised access and/or viewing may be an infringement of the copyright and/or other intellectual property rights of Mitchells & Butlers or its subsidiaries and may result in civil and/or criminal liability.
This Site, including this legal notice, contains material including text, photographs and other images, which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in the material comprising this Site are owned by or licensed to Mitchells & Butlers or its subsidiaries.
Any reproduction or use of such trade marks and other intellectual property rights, save as permitted hereby, is strictly prohibited and may result in civil and/or criminal liability. Any trade mark, copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material must not be removed from any material copied or printed off this Site.
Save as expressly permitted, no part of this material may be reproduced in any form including storing it in any medium by electronic means whether or not temporary or incidental to some other use. Commercial use is not permitted. Particular terms relevant to the use of downloadable material are as set out below. Certain materials contained on this Site are intended to be downloadable for certain purposes.
Permitted uses for downloads are:
WARNING: The doing of any unauthorised act in relation to material on this Site may result in both civil and criminal liability.
Mitchells & Butlers and its subsidiaries try to ensure that all information provided on this Site is correct at the time of inclusion but do not represent or warrant that the material comprised in this Site is completely accurate or up to date. Accordingly, neither Mitchells & Butlers nor any of its subsidiaries shall have any liability in respect of such material or for any use of or reliance on such information by any such person.
Where this Site contains links to other websites or materials provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Mitchells & Butlers has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Please note a deposit is required for Festive Menu bookings for tables of 6 or more
1. General Terms:
· Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Ltd (“Miller & Carter Gift Card”) supplies both physical gift cards (“Physical Gift Cards”) and digital gift cards (“eGift Cards”) to guests, together referred to herein as (“Gift Cards”) which are issued by Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Ltd, 27 Fleet St, Birmingham, B3 1JP (registered no 1001181), VAT Number – VAT Number and are supplied via the Gift Card agent, Blackhawk Network (Europe) Limited registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TD England (registered number 07956446), who operates this website.
· If you have any complaints about our service or any Gift Cards you purchase from us or wish to contact us please contact the Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected].
· Gift Cards are redeemable as eGifts or Physical Gift Cards. With the exception of shipping fees for the delivery of Physical Gift Cards, no additional fees will be imposed on purchasers or recipients of a Gift Card.
· Gift Cards cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or credit. The Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card.
· If we are unable to accept your order, the system will inform you of this and will not charge you. This might be because of a suspicious transaction alert identified on our system or because we do not deliver Gift Cards to your location.
· Physical Gift Cards have no value until activated. Details of how to activate Physical Gift Cards will be included with each delivery. eGift Cards will be activated at the point of ordering. eGift Cards are valid either presented on a smart phone or printed out.
2. Expiry of Gift Cards: Our Gift Cards are valid for valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed.
3. View Your Balance: Gift Cards are available in variable denominations, and you can choose any denomination between £5 - £250. No change will be given but Gift cards can be used multiple times until all of the remaining balance is spent. Card balances can be checked by clicking www.showmybalance.com. Alternatively, you can check your balance in any Mitchells & Butlers venue.
4. Your Rights To End The Contract: You have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel your order for Gift Cards, provided you are within the cooling off period of (i) in the case of eGift Cards fourteen (14) days after the date that we confirm that we accept your order or (ii) in the case of Physical Gift Cards (14) days after the day that they are delivered to you.
If you choose to receive your eGift Cards before expiry of the fourteen (14) day cooling off period, you acknowledge and accept that you will lose your right to end the contract once downloading of the digital content begins.
5. Returns: Subject to the cooling off period you may not return or cancel your Gift Cards after they are received. If you wish to cancel your Gift Cards order prior to its delivery, please contact our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected].
6. Lost or Stolen Gift Cards: Please keep your Gift Cards secure, as if they were cash. We are not responsible if the Gift Cards are lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. We reserve the right to cancel Gift Cards, if we reasonably suspect fraud or misconduct. Damaged, altered or cancelled Gift Cards will not be accepted.
7. Limitations: The Gift Card is valid at any Miller & Carter site or any Mitchells & Butlers venue in the UK as detailed at www.thediningoutgiftcard.co.uk/ and subject to the conditions set out below. The Gift Card cannot be used (i) to make any online purchase (ii) at any Moto or other Mitchells & Butlers franchise or (iii) at any site not managed by Mitchells & Butlers: please check with your server that the Gift Card can be used at the particular site before ordering. Venues can be added and/or removed from the list above at any time at Mitchells & Butlers’ discretion.
Gift Cards cannot be resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash.
Unused Gift Cards cannot be transferred or returned, and orders cannot exceed £5000 per day.
9. Miller & Carter Gift Card Guest Service: If you need assistance with any aspect of your purchase, or use of your Gift Cards, please contact Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected]. You will be required to provide your order number.
10. Payment Methods: Gift Cards may be paid for with a valid Debit or Credit Card (we do not accept American Express).
· Delivery Information: During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the Gift Card to you. The costs of delivery for Physical Gift Cards will be as displayed to you on our website. eGift Cards will be delivered free of charge. Physical Gift Cards can be delivered to valid addresses within the United Kingdom with the exception of the Channel Islands. We are not responsible for Gift Cards that are not received due to your failure to enter an accurate physical address or email address for the recipient. If you have concerns about your order, please our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected].
11. Reasons for Failed Delivery of eGift Cards: eGift Cards are delivered via email. If you have confirmed the recipient's email address but the eGift Cards have not been viewed within a reasonable period after the requested delivery date, the following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed:
· Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
· Recipient's firewall blocked the email
· Email inbox is over size limit
· Invalid email address
If a spam filter is blocking Gift Card emails from getting to an inbox, the email options will need to be modified so that Gift Card emails are not considered spam. If you need further assistance, contact our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected]. Please be ready to provide your order number.
12. Personalised Messaging : If you wish to add a personal message to your Miller & CarterGift Cards, simply type your message in the message field during the purchase process.
Gift Cards personal messages are limited in length to the space provided on the eGift Cards, or to the space provided on the presentation carrier of Physical Gift Cards and there is no additional charge to include a personalised message.
We reserve the right to cancel inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages.
13. Updates to Terms and Conditions: We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
14. Governing Law: These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your Gift Cards in the English courts.
Online Gift Card and Merchandise Terms of Sale
1. These terms
1.1. What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, for example gift cards and other Miller & Carter merchandise.
1.2. Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
2.1. Who we are. We are Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Limited trading as Miller & Carter, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 01001181 and our registered office is at 27 Fleet Street, Birmingham, B3 1JP.
2.2 How to Contact Us. If you have a complaint, enquiry or compliment for an Miller & Carter you've visited, please click here.
Alternatively you can contact us by calling 0121 498 7098 or by writing to us at Guest Care, Mitchells & Butlers plc, 27 Fleet Street. Birmingham, B3 1JP
2.3. How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
2.4. "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
3. Our contract with you
3.1. How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
3.2. If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
3.3. Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
3.4. We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from or deliver to addresses outside the UK.
4. Our products
4.1. Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
4.2. Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
5. Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8- Your rights to end the contract).
6. Our rights to make changes
We may change the product:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
7. Providing the products
7.1. Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
7.2. When we will provide the products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you.
7.3. We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay (more than 28 days beyond the original anticipated delivery date) you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
7.4. When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
7.5. When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
7.6. Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
(a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
(b) update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
(c) make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clauses 5 and 6).
7.7. Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 28 days beyond the original anticipated delivery date, and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
8. Your rights to end the contract
8.1. You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
(a) If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
(b) If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
(c) If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
8.2. Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (d) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
(a) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
(b) there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
(c) we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 28 days after the original anticipated delivery date; or
(d) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
8.3. Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
8.4. When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
(a) gift cards (whether in physical or digital format) which have been redeemed (in whole or part);
(b) any personalised items (for example greetings cards);
(c) services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running;
(d) products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; and
(e) any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
8.5. How long do I have to change my mind? How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
(a) Have you bought digital gift cards? If so, you have 14 days after the day you receive the digital gift card, subject to clause 8.4(a);
(b) Have you bought goods (for example, a Miller & Carter apron or physical gift card)? If so (subject to clauses 8.4(a) and 8.4(b) you have 14 days after the day you receive the goods, unless your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you receive the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
9. How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
9.1. Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
(a) Phone or email. Call Guest Care on 0121 498 7098 or email us at [email protected]. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
(b) By post. Print off the RMA form, downloadable here, follow the instructions and send to us at the address located on the form.
9.2. Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. Print off the RMA form, downloadable here, follow the instructions and send to us at the address located on the form. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
9.3. When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
(a)if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
(b) if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product, an error in pricing or description, or a delay in delivery due to events outside our control.
(c) In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
9.4. How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
9.5. Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
(a) We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
(b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
9.6. When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
(a) If the products are goods, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.2.
(b) In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
10. Our rights to end the contract
10.1. We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
(a) you do not make any payment to us when it is due;
(b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products; or
(c) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you.
10.2. You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
10.3. We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 48 hours in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
11. If there is a problem with the product
11.1. How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our Guest Care team at 0121 498 7098 or write to us at Mitchells & Butlers plc, 27 Fleet Street, Birmingham, B3 1JP, UK.
11.2. Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must post them back to us. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on 0121 498 7098 or email us at [email protected] for a return label or to arrange collection. Note: Evidence of fault or problem with product will be required.
12. Price and payment
12.1. Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
12.2 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
12.3. When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO, Apple Pay and PayPal. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying:
(a) For goods, you must pay for the products when the order is placed.
(b) For digital content, you must pay for the products before we send them to you.
12.4. We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank plc from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
12.5. What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
13. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
13.1. We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
13.2. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
13.3. We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
14. How we may use your personal information
15. Other important terms
15.1. We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
15.2. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
15.3. Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms except for our group companies. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
15.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
15.5. Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
15.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.